As the world opens up again, London will greet us, brushing our senses with bustle, bounce and occasional moments of calm.
Where will you go adventuring?
On this page you'll find posts on some of my favourite people, places and things across London to help you plan your next visit. Discover hidden treasures in museums and galleries, enjoy London's skyline, visit glorious green spaces and stop for a break at a quirky cafe along the way. Check out some of my favourite London places below and my blog for posts on all things London.
- Feel alive with ticks and tocks at the Watch Gallery, Rooms 38 & 39 at the British Museum.
- Join the art crowd for an auction viewing at Christie's. See website for details.
- Be part of the Late Shift at the National Portrait Gallery on Thursday and Friday nights.
- Take a magic carpet ride in the Arab Hall at Leighton House, Holland Park.
- Experience sound in the round and stunning circus spectaculars at the Roundhouse in Camden.
- The Oxo Tower for a fabulously eccentric and very English 'Not Afternoon Tea' menu and an amazing view across the Thames to St Paul's and the City of London.
- Holland Park Cafe for chess, opera and peacocks– a unique London combination.
- Burgh House, Hampstead, for amazing cakes and secret garden hideaways.
- Honey on Warren Street, the best and only place in London for a Fitzrovia bun – a Chelsea bun with a Turkish twist.
- The St Ermine Hotel for an incredible selection of teas and delicious cakes - see above!
- Hyde Park Lido for people-watching or a well-deserved break from power-walking.
Best London Views
- The City of London from the Royal Observatory, Greenwich
- The dome of St Paul's Cathedral from Waterloo Bridge.
- The wharfs of Wapping High Street - a reminder of London's colourful maritime history.
- Battersea Power Station and the changing skyline of Nine Elms from Albert Bridge.
- Across the water meadows and down the meandering Thames from Richmond Hill.
- London in all its glory from Primrose Hill.