- Feel alive with ticks and tocks at the Watch Gallery, Rooms 38 & 39 at the British Museum.
- Join the art crowd for an auction viewing at Christie's. See website for details.
- Take a magic carpet ride in the Arab Hall at Leighton House, Holland Park.
- Experience sound in the round and stunning circus spectaculars at the Roundhouse in Camden.
- The Oxo Tower for a fabulously eccentric and very English 'Not Afternoon Tea' menu and an amazing view across the Thames to St Paul's and the City of London.
- Holland Park Cafe for chess, opera and peacocks– a unique London combination.
- Burgh House, Hampstead, for amazing cakes and secret garden hideaways.
- Honey on Warren Street, the best and only place in London for a Fitzrovia bun – a Chelsea bun with a Turkish twist.
- The St Ermine Hotel for an incredible selection of teas and delicious cakes - see above!
- Hyde Park Lido for people-watching or a well-deserved break from power-walking.
Best London Views
- The City of London from the Royal Observatory, Greenwich
- The dome of St Paul's Cathedral from Waterloo Bridge.
- The wharfs of Wapping High Street - a reminder of London's colourful maritime history.
- Battersea Power Station and the changing skyline of Nine Elms from Albert Bridge.
- Across the water meadows and down the meandering Thames from Richmond Hill.
- London from Primrose Hill.